Facts of the Day
- A study found that pizza and compliments motivate employees better than cash. Money fades more quickly than a sense of appreciation.
- Until the 19th century, the English word for actors was “hypocrites.”
- Sleep deprivation affects the brain in multiple ways that can impair judgment and slow reaction.
- In Russia, during times of economic disparity or high inflation, teachers can be paid in Vodka.?
- Ping-pong balls have been made larger to make the sport better for television.
- Humans can live unprotected in space for about 30 seconds if they don’t hold their breath.
- Gambling in Finland is controlled by the government and all of the profits go to charity.
- In 1900, all the world’s mathematical knowledge could be written in about 80 books; today it would fill more than 100,000 books.
- Bees know when it’s going to rain, so they put in extra work the day before.
- Chameleons can move their eyes in two directions at the same time.
- 2019年1月22日 00:24打卡
- 2 年，3 月前有动静