Facts of the Day
- Oysters may change their sex up to four times per year.
- The only English word with three “Y” is “syzygy,” which happens to describe the alignment of 3 celestial bodies in a straight line.
- Every winter, great white sharks swim for 40 days to meet up between Mexico and Hawaii, and nobody knows why.
- Inner speech can clock in at 4,000 words per minute, 10X faster than verbal speech.
- A dog’s nose is the equivalent of a human fingerprint: each has a unique pattern.
- Snowflakes fall at 3.1 mph or 5 km/h.
- In 2017, Switzerland became the first European country to allow the sale of insect-based food for humans.
- If Ancient Rome’s Colosseum was built today, it would cost about US$380 million.
- 2019-02-10 02:11:39打卡
- 8 月前有动静