Facts of the Day
- Until the 19th century, champagne was pink and had no bubbles.
- People experience better sleep during the new moon and worse sleep during a full moon.
- Giraffes only need to drink once every few days. Most of their water comes from all the plants they eat.
- Polar bears can smell its prey on the ice 20 miles (32 km) away.
- Astronauts on the International Space Station exercise about 2 hours per day.
- 1% of the Earth’s wood supply is used by IKEA.
- Charlie Chaplin made his movie mocking Hitler with his own money because Hollywood was afraid of losing money if they took a stand.
- Ontario, Canada, has more than 250,000 lakes. They contain about 1/5 of the world’s fresh water.
- France became the first country in the world to ban supermarkets from throwing away or destroying unsold food in 2016, forcing them instead to donate it.
- Liars blink less frequently than normal during the lie, and then speed up to around eight times faster than usual afterwards.
- Earth days are getting longer by 1.7 milliseconds every century.
- The earliest surviving written music is a Hurrian hymn which date to approximately 1400 BC.
- Snakes can open their mouth up to 150 degrees.
- Most people dream five times a night.
- In 2015, a Canadian man was arrested after tying more than 100 balloons to a garden chair and flying over the city of Calgary.
- Rain contains vitamin B12.
- Brazilian prisoners can shorten their sentence by reading books.
- 2019年2月12日 01:26打卡
- 1 年，5 月前有动静